Friday, July 16, 2010

Listening to the People

I must say that since the Primary Election results were posted, I have received much "advice" from many Pahrumpians.  I sincerely appreciate every bit of information received and I plan to continue to listen to everyone willing to talk to me if you elect me to the Town Board.  Actually, I am willing to listen even if I am NOT elected to serve on the Town Board because I believe we learn by listening to others.

So, send me your thoughts because that is why this BLOG is here.  Whether we agree or agree to disagree, we all want the BEST for Pahrump.  Let's work together to make that happen.  Yes, I am looking for your comments, suggestions, and recommendations.

2 comments:

  1. Tom - just found your blog and I have to say - way to go. Nice! But just one thing...the word Pahrumpian...it sucks. It sounds low and demeaning and seems to depict people here as hill-billies. Personally, I would like to see that word no longer used. Just a thought. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So why do you demand to be called Doctor? You're not an M.D., whom most people call doctor in our society. Attorneys have more education than you do, but you don't see them expecting people to call them Juris Doctors. You are a politician now, not an educator that needs kids and teachers to cow tow to him. Why not drop the pretensions and just be Tom Waters? If you would get down off your high horse maybe I would feel more like voting for you.

    ReplyDelete